Friday 2 October 2009

Propaganda signs are back!

PropagandaA new crop of North Korea-style propaganda banners seem to have sprouted up all along King Street in Hammersmith recently.

I spotted this one earlier this week which I think was quite new.

Our esteemed council has a fondness for this sort of thing, so now they've started rolling out a new campaign in Hammersmith its only  amatter of time before we see them in the Bush.

Surely this has nothing to do with the Tory Party conference being just round the corner? I think you have a right to know. You paid for them after all..

4 comments:

  1. The banners have been in the Bush for some time, mostly advertising Waitrose and the Police (not the band!). I am really not keen on the I HEART Hammersmith ones although I appreciate the intention. In fact I think that it looks tatty and there is enough cr*p littering the place... ironically...maybe the Council should 'do its bit', to quote the banner.

    ReplyDelete
  2. [...] done. I wonder whether our Council, fresh from having spent more of our money hoisting yet more propaganda signs all the way up Uxbridge Road, is planning to do anything about it? Somehow I doubt this will [...]

    ReplyDelete
  3. [...] a newspaper which even their fellow Tories describe as propaganda. And let’s not forget those North Korea style posters hung all over the borough either proclaiming the Utopia we all live in now [...]

    ReplyDelete
  4. [...] our Council is now renowned for plastering the Borough with posters, placards and other signage trumpeting what they see as their various successes. [...]

    ReplyDelete