Saturday 3 October 2009

Meet the sentencers: West London Magistrates Court

justice is servedI just received this invite via the Brackenbury Residents Association mailing list, so thanks to them for that. I'm going to go along and hope to find out a bit more about how this sentencing system works. I've reported on some of the more serious crimes that have scarred the Bush and surrounding areas before like here.

But the thing that often leaves me speechless are the sometimes pathetic sentences that are handed down, that seem almost to reward the criminal. I'm not a member of the hang 'em flog 'em brigade, and I'm not advocating some draconian new code, but I am interested in knowing more about how our local gang members, for example, get dealt with. Feel free to reply to the advert, the text of which I've pasted below, too.

Thursday 26th November 2009 from 18:00 until 20:30


An evening at


181 Talgarth Road, Hammersmith


W6 8DN


An opportunity to learn about the sentencing process and to exchange viewpoints with the sentencers


Free Fish & Chip Supper!


Tour of the Courthouse!


RSVP Lisa Trinder


T: 020 8700 9320


E: lisa.trinder@hmcourts-service.gsi.gov.uk

3 comments:

  1. [...] makes this forthcoming visit to “meet the sentencers” who deal with the local gangsters who run around shooting and [...]

    ReplyDelete
  2. [...] something I will be raising when I meet some of those who pass sentence on W12 criminals at this meeting. Will report [...]

    ReplyDelete
  3. [...] and I’m really quite p.d off about this, I won’t now be able to attend the “Meet the sentencers” evening tomorrow. I have been called to Brussels to give a talk instead and won’t be [...]

    ReplyDelete